||Lloyds TSB Bank, Broomhill
Portable loop on desk badly affected by interference.
|1. No loop system appeared to be on, so I asked staff who were professional and friendly.
2. Eventually someone found the portable loop system from the back office and plugged it in.
3. I had to instruct staff very specifically about orientation of the unit and the sound quality was very poor, fuzzy. There was interference from the lights as well.
4. Having a portable loop for a desk is pointless unless it is connected all the time. I will write and see what the management say.
Was switched off. Microphone poor and sound quality fuzzy and too quiet.
|1. Employees didn't know anything about it making the usual "No one ever uses it" excuse.
2. Eventually an employee found the 'on switch' after much flapping and asking around.
3. Induction loop functioned but with a lot of buzzing interference and the volume was too low.
4. Needs rechecking and request for them to configure it when I'm not too hot and exhausted.
Aisles 13 and 28 Poor quality Mics. Whole system badly designed as packing area is out of effective range of loop.
Customer service unit ???
|1. Verbal reports made on 3 occasions at checkout and customer services. Staff did not know about the system, but did not make any poor excuses either. I believe they passed the report to superiors but were ignored.
2. Letter of complaint written 1st June. Awaiting response and repair.
3. 14th June, Induction Loop system in aisle 13 is functioning but too quiet. Customer service ones still undectable. I am still awaiting a reply to my letter.
4. 24th March 2007, STILL No reply to letter. Induction loop in Aise 28 works, but is worse than useless picking up more shop noise than cashier. Loop field doesn't cover all the checkout area, so as soon as packing shopping, I was out of the range. No comments made as we were in a hurry, but I shall chase up the letter I sent last summer.
||1. Ask for a neck-loop induction loop receiver at the desk.
2. You may be presented with a box full of Sennheiser branded 'gadgets' as the employees while helpful may not know which device is which.
3. No deposit is required.
||Sheffield University SSID
||Functioning (needs recheck)
||1. Non functionality reported.
2. Employees very helpful and concerned. Very willing to learn about how induction loop systems work.
3. Repair was carried out within 2 weeks.
4. Induction loop system at the desk and in back room was very loud and clear.
||Sheffield University Union Auditorium
||Functioning (needs recheck)
||1. Non functionality reported. Some bright spark drilled several holes through it when refitting seating.
2. Temp system installed after 12 months after several complaints from me and others in person and in writing. Union and University were engaged in 'pass the buck' about who was to blame for the original damage, and who would fund the repair.
3. Repairs to the permanent system took 18 months! Repairs were only permitted during non-term time.